Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter

I'm finally ready to tell about Easter...We dyed eggs on Friday. We all had a fun time. Henry and Hudson wanted in on the action so we gave each of them a plastic egg to play with - every time Henry dropped his on the floor he would scream...it was hilarious! We pulled out the video camera and got it recorded. The older kids handled the egg dying like pros this year...they looked so pretty. Sunday morning they helped me peel the eggs for potato salad. The peeling didn't go quite so well. Several eggs were peeled right down to the yolk! We'll have to practice that one some other time.
Here is Bronwyn - yes, she's still wearing pj's (boys pj's) at 4:00pm. That's how our days go around here sometimes....actually a lot of the time. Here is Braeden showing off one of his many green eggs. Julius was all about orange...surprise, surprise!And here is Henry - he had been crying because he wanted an egg so badly...luckily the Easter bunny delivered one a little early for him to chew on.Hudson thoroughly enjoyed his plastic egg also....I fell through on the Easter outfits again this year...I did grab a new dress for Bronwyn at Costco...Henry and Hudson wore something pretty new. Braeden wore his Easter shirt and vest for the third Easter in a row (that was a good investment!) I'm not sure about Tony in this picture...any guesses?Getting ready for the Easter egg hunt after church.JuliusBraeden and BronwynJuliusBraedenBronwynThe spoils!

7 comments:

mom2ky said...

As always...ADORABLE!!!! Henry and Hudson are getting SOOOOOO big! I can't believe it! Kylonna didn't get an Easter dress this year. She only wore the one I bought last year once, so I figured...forget it!! LOL

Amber H. said...

I love the pictures of all the kids together in their Easter outfits. It's funny because you can just feel the chaos of trying to take a picture of all of them! I can't even imagine how hard that would be!! It looks like you had a great Easter though Ü

Stacey said...

I'm digg'n Jules groovy green glasses!

What fun! Egg dying, Easter treats and of course the yearly hunt. Looks like everybody had fun! What is up with Tony in that picture anyway? I think it's trying to wrangle five kiddos for a picture, especially on Easter.

Don't worry about not getting Easter outfits, it's over-rated. Mine wore last years, not a single egg was dyed and other than the ward Easter brunch/hunt the day before, that was all for Easter. A bunch of us got together for a potluck style dinner at the Evans, which was a blast, but that was it. Despite the lack of traditional, it was good.

~Stacey

Shilae said...

I don't know where you find the energy--and I LOVE the glasses.

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

So cute! I too, love the glasses!

twinzmama said...

What a cute family you have! You always do such fun things with your kids, don't know how you have the energy!!

Emily said...

I love all of the pictures! Looks like it was a great Easter for your family.