Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy MLK Day

Julius came in our room this morning and said "Tommorow's the day Barack Obama will becomes our 44th president!" (He actually learned this watching cartoons this morning...awesome.) I've been working on explaining the significance of the holiday today - not an easy thing to explain to my young kiddos - but I'm trying.

I thought we would spend some time today doing some community service to celebrate our National Day of Service in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. However, this is what we are doing instead...

All 5 kids are sick and I started the morning with a migrane. So, we're continuing our "take it easy" weekend and spending the day resting and relaxing.

I read this great post on Bossy! this morning. She shares a great FHE outline for tonight featuring the Presidental Inauguration.

On another note, Henry and Hudson celebrated 7 months yesterday. Unbelievable!



Happy MLK Day!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you all get feeling better soon. My little kiddo is sick today too...in some ways it's kind of a nice change in pace as crappy as it is to see them hurting! Hope you have a great day reflecting on MLK day!

Corey Ward said...

Oh, I hope you all get feeling better. It is hard to have one kiddo sick, let alone all of them and yourself not feeling good. Your babies are so cute. Hope you all have a good day! ;)

Stacey said...

Community Service? What about all those other days I'm serving!! lol

Happy Birthday, Boys! Seven month old just doesn't seem possible, but when you're the one getting up at night, changing diapers and constant feedings... seven months seems about right.

Get well!

~Stacey

Camille said...

I am so bugged! My kids school calendar said National Human Rights Day. Totally left off Martin Luther King Jr...

mom2ky said...

Hope you're all feeling better! Kylonna's kindergarten class did a dot-to-dot that was Martin Luther King's face! Who would have thought! It was neat and she even added a blue suit and red tie to his head!

At Home! said...

Hope you are better really soon. The photo is priceless of all of your precious little ones. And what a wonderful mother you are! (You are making this important day memorable inspite of your own discomfort).

Wish I could run some chicken soup in for everybody and read stories and let you take a nap. I am sending hugs and a prayer instead. Your blog always makes me smile! Thank you for YOUR STRENGTH (even though you don't feel it right now)...I can.

Holly said...

They are getting so big!! I miss them

Mama Jenn said...

I just stumbled onto your blog. (I have twins as well.) You kids are so cute!