Friday, January 16, 2009

Craft Bug


I don't know if it's the time of year or the weather or what...but I've been dying to have a little time and energy to craft something. I knew I didn't have the mental strength to pull out the scrapbook supplies - so I searched the internet (mainly the blogosphere) and found some great ideas. I found this adorable skirt this morning on this blog - it looked adorable and pretty easy.I LOVE the fabric she used - The fabric I used I've had since I was pregnant with Bronwyn...I just never got around to using it. I'd love to try one with contrasting fabric on the hem and waistband like the sample one. I just wasn't patient enough to wait for Tony to get home so I could run to Joann's.So thanks House on Hill Road! As of this afternoon Bronwyn has a new skirt and most likely a few more to come. She loves it and has been twirling around for an hour...

6 comments:

DJ said...

Good for you Mandy! That skirt is darling! Aren't you so glad you have at least one daughter to do this stuff for and to watch her get excited about it? So cute! I should make one for my little girl too. She'd be in heaven!!

Stacey said...

You go girl! Sewing, yet another project! Very cute, Miss Is just might be twirling in one too!

So much to do, so little free-time to do it!

~Stacey

Elizabeth Peterson said...

That skirt is so cute! I have suddenly been bit by the sewing bug also and have three quilts, three dresses, and a skirt all lined up ready to get made. I hope I can finish them in a timely manner!

mom2ky said...

VERY cute! I'd love to have the time to make Kylonna some cute skirts! :)

twinzmama said...

I wish I was crafty, I am so jealous! Luckily, I have friends and craft shows to help me!!! That skirt is sooo cute ;D

Camille said...

Very cute!