Tuesday, July 31, 2007

EXPECTO PATRONUM!

So July has been the month of Harry Potter for our family. Julius saw the trailer for "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" and we never heard the end of it. So I rented the previous movies from Netflix trying to appease him...Well, we had fun watching them but he was still determined to see the new movie. I promised him that when we went to stay at Grammy's house we would go see it.

Bronwyn, Braeden, and Julius - Harry Potter-ites
We went to the matinee on the 24th of July in Rexburg with Aunt Holly and Aunt Gina. I thought the movie was awesome! However, all of the kiddos fell asleep - that's what I get for taking them to a matinee. They saw enough to get really excited about Harry Potter though!

EXPECTO PATRONUM!

Julius's sword is now a wand and Brady and Bronwyn find whatever is handy and call it a wand also. They have been running around yelling "Expecto Patronum!" It is hilarious! Today they attacked my weed garden and cast numerous spells with their wands.

Jay, Gina, Holly and Calli - July 21st, 2007.

The final Harry Potter book came out while we were at reunion. Gina took Calli and Devri to Barnes and Nobel that morning and they bought 4 copies. Needless to say reunion turned into a Harry Potter read-a-thon. Jay was determined to finish it before he entered the MTC on Wednesday. After Gina was through with her copy she let me borrow it. I finished it on Sunday while I stayed home from church with sick kids. It was a great read! But I didn't cry as Gina assured me I would...

1 comment:

Amber H. said...

Mandy, this post made me laugh! I especially LOVE the pic of everyone lined up in a row reading their books ! My whole family is obsessed with Harry Potter, heck, my younger sister even went to England for the release! Love it, love it!!