Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Family Game Night

Yesterday for preschool - I taught Julius how to play Yahtzee and UNO. He won Yahtzee and he won 3 out of 6 games of UNO. WOW!
He was so excited...Then for Family Home Evening we all played Yahtzee...it took a little longer than we expected so we had to end the game early. I am so excited that they are old enought to start playing games...It's one of my favorite things to do especially when I'm camping (that won't be happening THIS summer- we'll have to shoot for next year). But, by next summer they should be pros at UNO and Yahtzee...Now I'm just waiting for them to learn SCRABBLE!


5 comments:

Amber H. said...

LOL! I love how into games you are! You are so cute :o) Julius sounds like Felicity. Every time we play games with her, we never have to worry about letting her win, cause she always beats the pants off of us! The girl has a gift and it sounds like your little guy does too. Looks like a lot of fun! We just played a really fun game with some friends the other night that you would probably like..it was called Ticket to Ride (made by Days of Wonder). You should look it up! Oh, and get the US version if you get one..I guess they have lots of different country versions!

Camille said...

How much fun! We've taught the kids Uno, but not Yatzee. Our kids get SO distracted still when we try to play games. Their favorite is crazy 8's.

Shelley said...

I've never played Yatzee before, and I haven't played Uno in a long time! I love to play Monopoly, that's fun.

Heidi said...

Okay I want to come for game night! I absolutely love playing games, We'll invite you for pizza night, and you invite us for game night, or maybe we should just combine the two together that would even be better! I wish we lived close enough that we could actually do that!

Anonymous said...

those are some smart kids! Cute too. Thats awesome that you are so into games I would be but Mont doesn't love games. I try to persuade him once in awhile to just play something. It's fun and different entertainment! Good job on getting your kids into it.