Sunday, November 4, 2007

I've been crying all morning...

I walked downstairs this morning to check on the kids who were watching a movie in the office...I noticed something dark on the carpet in the living room and picked it up - it was a curly lock of hair. I noticed a couple more and my heart started pounding...As I entered the office I started screaming....
Half of Bronwyn's hair was gone! Right down to the scalp in front and back.
I asked Bronwyn who did it and she pointed to Julius...I yelled at him "WHAT were you doing!?" He said: "I was making her hair like Daddy's". Tony thought it was hilarious but I started sobbing.

After a quick call to my mom for some sympathy I took her upstairs and chopped the rest off. It broke my heart! I love my baby girl's sweet hair... Now it is shorter than her brothers'. I think I fixed it alright considering what I had to work with. We've been online researching hair growth products for biracial hair. She still has a bald spot in the back - but hopefully it will fill in quickly.

Notice the bald spot on the back....and I'm not talking about Tony!

Guess what though....She still looks beautiful!

7 comments:

Kristi M. said...

I just had to laugh Mandy! I didn't realize that Tony had no hair. That is what Julius was going for!? She is still super cute!

Camille said...

Oh No Mandy! You poor thing! I'm sure your little girl is fine about it all and enjoyed her brothers hair cut. : ) She still is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Teresa said...

Mandy,
I think it's happened to all of us!
Daniel actually cut Benjamins hair and it did look just like Tonys!
She is still such a cutie.
Hang in there. It will make wonderful stories in the future!
Teresa

Amber H. said...

OMGosh! My kids have been playing with the play plastic scissors lately and trying to give me and their sisters haircuts. I have been saying "NO! WE DO NOT CUT ANYONE'S HAIR BUT PONIES AND DOLLIES" for that exact reason! how sad for you...I can understand your pain. She still looks beautiful though! You are lucky to have such a cute girl. I'll tell you, there was a little girl in our ward yesterday who had super short hair like this, but it was NOT curly and it did NOT look cute, so at least you can be thankful that she is a cutie regardless of her short hair!! Good luck and I hope it grows back quickly! I have to say, that first pic of her hair on the floor made me gasp!!

Tammy said...

Oh Mandy, I have tears in my eyes!! What a horrible thing for a Mommy to go through, especially when your daughter's hair is so amazing. But you know, she looks so darling with it short!!! Her eyes, so beautiful, just POP (do I sound like a scrapper??). I feel for you, but you're probably the worst affected by this all ;-)...And you can still put barrettes in her hair!!!
What a great story though, once the sting of it all wears off ;-)!

Shelley said...

I hope you're better now. I can't believe she actually let her brother to do to her. :( But she looks really cute with shorter hair. :)

Cindy F said...

Oh Mandy you poor thing. I've been there! Libby chopped her bangs and about an inch back into her hairline once. It was so traumatic for me! Bronwyn still looks beautiful tho and it will grow back (small consolation at the moment, I know).