Thursday, September 18, 2008

Henry and Hudson are three months old today... I try to take their "Birthday" pics each month on the 18th and this is the first time I've actually done it on the right day. Last month I never even got Henry's done. I'd post them here but somewhere in the move I misplaced my camera charger/dock and my laptop won't read my card...so no pics today. I got some cute ones though! I finally had the thought to take a picture of Braeden and Bronwyn holding Henry and Hudson...my big twins holding my little twins. Ahhh..
Tonight was the open house at Julius's school. I left Tony home with all the kids and had an hour of semi-adult interaction. It was nice to learn more about what he's doing at school and such. I've really felt like an idiot lately concerning his school stuff. I didn't realize he was supposed to be taking his "homework" back to school (yes - I know, how stupid can I be?!) and then he brings home a share bag and I've got no clue what to do with it. He threw in his favorite toy - Godzilla - and took it to school. Hope that works Mrs. Henry! I found out later that the instructions were inside the bag in a zippered pocket. Much to obvious for me to figure out! She's going to have to spend as much time teaching me as teaching Julius...
We're still working on getting settled in to our new house. Our new ward is awesome...we've had such a warm welcome. I'm excited to get to know everyone better.
Well...I've got a lot of emotions running through me right now so if this post is scatterbrained, whiney, and irrational - forgive me. Hopefully we'll have pictures sometime soon!

5 comments:

Camille said...

Oh my gosh Mandy, I feel the same way each year adjusting to my kids new teachers. WE had parent night tonight school. LOVE Jennica's teacher, but Noah's teacher seems a bit flaky. I think this might be her first year as a "real teacher" and not a student aid or something. During the open house, one of the other moms commented to her that her daughter reads way above grade level, but her spelling tests are horrible. the teacher said, "Well, that's what spell check is for!" Like it doesn't matter to her that the child can't spell, and the mom should not be concerned. yikes.

Stacey said...

Scatterbrained, whiney, and irrational? Never!! For the 100 gazillion time, you're more of a woman than I!!

Glad you new ward loves you... your old one still does....

Kindergarden is crazy, especially your first year. Going in blind can be confusing and catching those misplaced bits of obvious is obviously not as easy as it seems. I'm still behind the curve with Maddy and she's my 3rd.

Can't wait for the pictures!!!

~Stacey

Kristi M. said...

Can't wait to see your pictures. I am sure that things like that happen to every first time school parent. I am sure that will happen to me. You also have so many other things on your mind.

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Mandy, you are now the "SuperWoman" of the ward. No doubt about that.
Yes, Kindergarten was the hardest adjustment to school for me because you are totally new to everything. Don't worry, you'll get all the important stuff. and the rest, well who cares?
Glad you are here!
Amyjoy

Connie said...

Nonsense!! You're a great mummy and Tony is a great dada!! I miss you, my sweet chickee....... I didn't realize you were moving until after you moved! I'm thrilled you love your new ward.
Smooches to the 5 munchkins and tell Miss PinkkkKKK I said hi, sweet miss pink!
Connie