Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Celebration - Warning...Lots of pictures!

We had a fun Easter... On Saturday we went to the church Easter Egg Hunt and the kids had a great time. There were plenty of eggs so each of the kids got as many as they wanted. Afterwards we went to Sportsman's Warehouse and the kids got to see some bear cubs and get free hotdogs. That night a sweet couple from church took us out to Cold Stone for dessert...Thanks Jack and Connie! It was a fun treat!
Here is a picture of me with Braeden and Bronwyn
Braeden and Bronwyn comparing their spoilsJulius grabbing up treats as fast as he can!Bronwyn and me...isn't she the cutest little bunny you have ever seen?!Braeden was so thrilled with his basket full of eggs... On Sunday morning - I got up early and hid Easter baskets in the backyard. It was still dark - so we distracted the kids by peeling the eggs they dyed earlier in the week. Who knew that peeling eggs could be so fun for little fingers?! When they finished they eggs we sent them outside to find their baskets - they spent the rest of the morning rummaging through their "spoils" and watching Enchanted.

It took Braeden FOREVER to find his basket!
Bronwyn was really excited about her Princess Sparkle bookAlthough Enchanted was in Bron's basket - Julius took immediate ownershipI got the kids bathed and dressed in their new Easter clothes and we snapped a few pictures on the way to church. We have church at 1:00 and the kiddos were so worn out by then...All of them cried on the way to primary -
Braeden - Julius - Bronwyn
Our sweet Princess PinkGotta love the smile!Julius and BronwynJulius - Bronwyn - BraedenBraeden - Julius - BronwynThe family....never manage to get a picture with everyone looking at the camera...but at least we got one of all of us together! When we got home from church we went to the Pool's for Easter dinner. It was so nice of them to have us over...the kids had fun playing with Tysen and Kaisley and playing FORT in the food storage room (sorry Darin!) and I had fun having girl talk with Holli. They are such great friends - we love them so much!

The kids went right to sleep when we got home...it was a fun filled, relaxing day!

7 comments:

Shelley said...

Bronwyn is such a cute bunny! and her hair has grown back too, she looked really cute with those hairbows on her head. And the boys looked really handsome.

You & your DH looked great also! When is your due date again?

Kristi M. said...

You look so great Mandy!! Bronwyn's dress is really cute. I love the flowers all over. How fun!

The Blaisdell Family said...

Yeah a picture of Mandy!! You look awesome girl!

I was too lazy to hide their baskets this year, but I like your idea of hiding them outside! I might have to try that next year.

Your kids looked so cute gathering eggs and also in their church clothes. I love the bows in Bronwyn's hair and her beautiful dress. She is so cute and will have so many brothers to watch over her throughout her life!

I know, aren't family pictures hard???? I always get stressed out on picture days of the family.

Glad you had such a great Easter!

Camille said...

Cute Mandy! I ove the very first picture witht he little helmet head easter baskets. They look like toy soldiers. The kids look so cute in their easter clothes. It's nice to see your preggo bump too. : ) Cute mama!

Amber H. said...

Mandy, it's so fun to read a new post on here! It's been a while! First, I LOVE Bronwyn's bunny ears...how cute is that?!? I love Julius too! Especially in that picture with Enchanted. I just want to grab his little cheeks and squeeze! What a cutie! I love their Easter clothes too. How great they all look, and how wonderful to get a family picture all together....even if the kids aren't all looking! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! My kids got their Enchanted from Grandma on Saturday, so you know what we were doing Sat evening....movie party with the cousins and the whole family! It was great! Especially hearing my kids singing along to all the songs. It was too fun!

Connie said...

Adorable - your men and Miss Pink! But what I really want to know is how you cook that soup without scorching the milk?!?! DUH! I can never do that.
Smoochies,
Connie

Grammy said...

mandy, I loved all the pictures of my grandkids and sent some of all of you to David. He loved them and can't wait to meet you all. I miss the kids so much and can't wait to come either for Julius's birthday or Mothers day.