Thursday, February 14, 2008

Bronwyn's Room

When we found out we were having another set of twins I assumed at least one would be a girl so I opted to give Bronwyn's Queen size been to my sister Holly and take my bother Sam's twin bed when he moved back home before his mission. I've been searching for just the right bedding for her room - I was also looking for crib bedding that would match...now that we know we are having two more boys it made the decision a little easier! I found a quilt that I really loved on ebay...but I wanted to see if I could find the accessories online anywhere. So I typed "Poppy Quilt" into my search engine and found that the quilt is originally sold at JCPenny and that it was nearly half off! I waited for our tax refund and splurged on the quilt, skirt, and drapes. I found the pink polka dot sheets at Target for $14.99 and I already had the green gingham pillow sham (found it a Coldwater Creek Outlet in Jackson Hole back in 2001). I also found the curtain rod at Target. She is really excited about how cute her room is - I am too! Oh...I got the headboard from a neighboor's yard sale last summer for $5. Yay! Gotta love a bargain!

5 comments:

mandbrid said...

Mandy, that room is ADORABLE! I love that quilt, it's so cute :o) And your new blog look now matches her room too! LOL! I hope you like it :o)

The Blaisdell Family said...

Very cute!! Wanna come decorate my kids rooms now? :)

Kristi M. said...

That room is SO adorable. I love how pleased she looks in those pictures with her cute brothers. Where are you going to put the other two boys when they come?

simplycreating said...

What a cute room. I loved decorating Abbie's room sometimes it's not so bad to be the only girl!

Camille said...

Great room! I love the colors and those curtains are so darling!

Your blog looks great too! I finally figure out why it reminds me of strawberries so much. WE have strawberry shortcake placemats that completely match, with all the pinks, reds and lime greens. It looks great!